Recent written works from my time spent as senior reporter/editor for Rex Encore Media LLC d/b/a AdVantage can be freely viewed by visiting their website and searching on my name, Melissa Meske (December 2016-present).
Work samples during my time spent as the regional editor for Campbell Publications (June-December 2016) can be viewed primarily at the Jersey County Journal website (subscription required) or sample clips can be provided upon request.
Illinois Business Journal, “Spotlight on Southwestern Illinois Women in Banking and Finance.” Articles published June 2016.
- Renae Coffman, Span Manager, Commerce Bank, Belleville
- Lisa Fowler, Executive Vice President and Chief Credit Officer, First Clover Leaf Bank, Edwardsville
- Julie Huelsmann, Commercial Loan Officer, First Mid-Illinois Bank & Trust, Highland
- Julie Laurent, Senior Vice President and Regional Manager-Illinois, First Bank, O’Fallon
- Sandra Young, Vice President and Trust Officer, TheBANK of Edwardsville, Edwardsville
Illinois Business Journal, “Spotlight on Southwestern Illinois Commercial Contractors.” Articles published April 2016.
- Korte & Luitjohan Contractors, Inc., 11 South professional office building, Columbia, Ill.
- Poettker Construction Co., McKendree Metro Rec Plex, O’Fallon, Ill.
- Holland Construction Services, multi-family housing communities, Richmond Heights/Des Peres, Mo.
- Contegra Construction Co., Gateway East 717 Distribution Center, Edwardsville
- Plocher Construction, medical marijuana dispensaries, Collinsville and Springfield
- IMPACT Strategies, Inc., new police headquarters, Belleville
- McCarthy Building Companies, Inc., Gateway Arch visitors center and museum, St. Louis
Illinois Business Journal, “Spotlight on Southwestern Illinois Engineers and Architects.” Articles published February 2016.
- EWR Associates, Inc. Architects, Cottages at Cathedral Square, Belleville
- Louer Facility Planning, Inc., Multipurpose Student Center, Roxana
- Geotechnology, Inc., Coal Ash Pond Closures, Eastern Illinois
- Quality Testing and Engineering, Inc., New Residence Hall No. 2, Saint Louis University
- Woolpert, Inc., DoDEA Barkley Elementary School, Fort Campbell, Ky.
Illinois Business Journal, “2015: The Year in Review.” Articles published January 2016.
- City of Alton adds new investments, opportunities, experiences
- Memorial Hospital forms affiliation with BJC, adds new facility
- New South Harbor underway at America’s Central Port, seen as growth catalyst
- RiverBend Growth Association helps rollout CEO, Bike MS initiatives
- Sheppard Morgan & Schwaab marked award-winning year in 2015
Illinois Business Journal, “Spotlight on Southwestern Illinois: Women in Law.” Articles published December 2015.
- Ann Callis, Partner, Goldenberg Heller Antognoli & Rowland, P.C., Edwardsville
- Linda M. Italiano, Attorney-at-Law, Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, P.C., Belleville
- M. Elizabeth Dyer Kellett, Attorney-at-Law, HeplerBroom LLC, Edwardsville
- Sara A. Ingram, Partner, Heyl, Royster, Voelker & Allen, P.C., Edwardsville
- Laura Schrick, Shareholder/Attorney-at-Law, Mathis, Marifian & Richter, Ltd., Belleville
- Lorraine Cavataio, Shareholder, Sandberg Phoenix & Von Gontard, P.C., O’Fallon
- Melissa Crowe Schopfer, Attorney-at-Law and Shareholder, Simmons Hanly Conroy, Alton
The Telegraph, Alton, Illinois. “Explosion of yarn, peace warms community this season.” Published November 26, 2015.
Illinois Business Journal, “Spotlight on Southwestern Illinois: Banking and Finance.” Articles published November 2015.
- Chad Abernathy, Senior Vice President/Chief Retail Officer, First Clover Leaf Bank, Edwardsville
- David Hopkins, Senior Vice President, First Bank, O’Fallon, Ill.
- Tom Davey, Market President, Centrue Bank, Fairview Heights
Illinois Business Journal, “Spotlight on Southwestern Illinois: Commercial Real Estate; special section: Salute to Women in Business.” Articles published September 2015.
- Luke Allan, Broker Associate, Kunkel Commercial Group Inc., O’Fallon
- Matt Barriger, Broker Associate, BARBERMurphy Group, Shiloh
- Toby Martin, CEO/Principal, NAI DESCO, O’Fallon and St. Louis
- Carol A. Bartle, Project Manager, Get to Know M.E., Belleville
- Barbara A. Burrows, President/Owner, The Goddard School, Edwardsville
- Jan Carpenter, Co-Owner/Creative Director, Cork Tree Creative Inc., Edwardsville
- Candice R. Fowler, Owner/President, Donco Electrical Construction LLC, Edwardsville
- Sherry Wimmer, President/Creative Director, Design 5 LLC, Lebanon
- Jill M. Yaekel, Principal/Vice President, Yaekel & Associates Insurance Services Inc., Belleville
Illinois Business Journal, “Spotlight on Southwestern Illinois: Engineering and Architecture,” August 2015
- Kaskaskia Engineering Group, LLC, Restaurant, Sports and Hotel/Convention Complex, Belleville
- Rhutasel and Associates Inc., Fayetteville Terminal Access Road Project, St. Clair County
- Lawrence Group, Belleville City Hall/Police Department Renovation Project
- Hurst-Roche Engineers, Inc., Collinsville Water Treatment Plant Project
- EWR Associates, Inc., new Flora Elementary School
- Quality Testing and Engineering, Inc., new St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, O’Fallon
Illinois Business Journal, “Spotlight on Southwestern Illinois: Women in Banking and Finance,” June 2015
- Lynda Tite, Vice President, First Clover Leaf Bank, Wood River
- Ashley Roche, Assistant Vice President/Account Executive, Merchant Services, Commerce Bank
- Gretchen Murphy, Committee Member, Illinois Banking Association, Senior Vice President, Soy Capital Bank & Trust
- Tammy Wofford, CFO/senior vice president, GCS Credit Union, member of Illinois Credit Union League
Illinois Business Journal, “Spotlight on Southwestern Illinois: Commercial Construction,” April 2015
- Father McGivney Catholic High School, Glen Carbon, Holland Construction Services
- Cottages at Cathedral Square, Belleville, IMPACT Strategies
- New Mount Vernon Township High School, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- Professional/Retail Building, O’Fallon, Plocher Construction
Illinois Business Journal, “Spotlight on Southwestern Illinois: Engineering and Architecture,” February 2015
- Kaskaskia Engineering Group, Illinois Route 13 project, Carbondale to Carterville
- EWR Associates, continuing projects for Hospital Sisters Health Systems and Medical Group
- Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Park Over the Highway project, Downtown St. Louis
- Geotechnology, Inc., St. Paul’s Home and Retirement Apartments, Belleville
Illinois Business Journal, “Year In Review,” January 2015